I Made my own #GIRLBOSS Tailored Jacket

It’s been a busy time, but it’s finally the time of the year where my coursework is nearing the end.

One of my classes this year was Tailored Jacket and this is my very first attempt at making a tailored jacket, so I’m pretty happy with the final thing. We were given 3 designs to choose from and I chose this one because I thought it looked the least boring, I tried to spice things up with the fabric which I lovee.

Here in the borders there are so many great places for photoshoots! We travelled to ‘Smailholm Tower’ 20 mins drive from Galashiels. Props to S-Dog for the photos.

20170429-1+

DSC_1020
Trying to match the pieces took A WHILE

20170429-220170429-1120170429-1420170429-1220170429-420170429-320170429-520170429-820170429-920170429-DSC_004320170429-DSC_0026

Thanks for checking out the blog, stay tuned for more 🙂

Pattern Experimentation

This project was all about not using typical paper patterns and using different creative techniques to make a garment.

The first garment was made using Subtraction Pattern Cutting… What is this you ask? Well I’m bad at trying to explain things, but long story short tube technique invented by Julian Robert, which reduces time and fabric waste. Julian Roberts has made a free pdf file explaining his study into this online- http://thecuttingclass.com/post/65052582315/subtraction-pattern-cutting-with-julian-roberts

The technique creates very organic and weird shapes and after many trials on mini mannequin, I made my final dress which I was pretty happy with….(except for the back, which is too short because mannequins don’t have legs, so forward thinking next time hannah)

 

The next garment was created by taking 4 jersey t-shirts (American Apparel) and draping the fabric directly onto the mannequin. I created a cardigan/tied dress which I was really happy with and totally would wear…